Nikolia’s main activity in the project „Building Bridges” was a 12 month volunteering mobility, with the topics: access for disadvantaged, civic engagement, responsible citizenship, rural development and urbanization, involving the following tasks:
- realize an intercultural non-formal education program for the volunteers and beneficiaries of Volunteering Center of Tîrgu Frumos;
- assist in European projects (youth exchanges, training courses, study visits, meetings, etc);
- develop and manage activities together with staff members;
- work to develop the volunteers’ campus in Cucuteni-Baiceni area;
- take part in organisation festivals and other local, national and international events;
- create and implement personal projects.
Nikolia played an important role during her volunteering stage, as a promoter of volunteering in particular in Iasi county. She had to develop her own workshops and activities, experience various actions and involve children and young people from urban and rural areas.
Some examples of activities carried out by Nikolia include: intercultural events, film screenings, cultural festivals, English lessons, board games, intercultural sessions, teambuilding, tree planting, sports, non-formal lessons etc. She was able to explore new passions, to come up with innovative solutions, be supported throughout the personal development process through non-formal education means.
By clicking here, you can read a story written of Nikolia about why she chose to become a long term volunteer abroad.
Here, you can read stories written by Nikolia during her service about experiences she encountered and activities she did. There is a story about every month of her service:
Youth Center of Epirus and the coordinating/hosting organisation Super Tineri Asirys supported Nikolia in every stage of the project. The activity was funded by European Commission of the European Union. You can contact Youth Center of Epirus for more information about European Solidarity Corps voluntarism projects.